Sunday, September 28, 2008

About me

Hi, I'm Ali Coombs. I'm a full time student at San Diego State University and am majoring in Social Science. I will be graduating within a year and then will go on to get my teaching credential and then teach high school. I hope to teach world or American history. I had a really great world history teacher, who somewhat inspired me to be a teacher myself. Maybe I will be able to do that myself someday. I've always been really interested in history, and even as a child enjoyed watching documentaries and roaming around museums the most. Maybe, eventually, I will go back to school to get my masters and doctorate -it would be really fun to teach at a university - but right now I want to see what it's like to teach high school. I also really enjoy traveling, although I haven't been as many places as I would like. Being able to travel was a big consideration when I chose my career and I hope to at least take one vacation every year. I also am really into the arts and crafts. I have been drawing and painting from a very young age and later started doing ceramics and mixed media. It would be nice to be able to finish an art project someday.
Well, that's it for now.

No comments: