Saturday, November 22, 2008

class presentation

For my econ for teachers class I did a lesson plan on the great depression. In my lesson I went over the possible causes for the great depression. In doing the lesson i gained a greater understanding on how greatly things are affected in the economy by other events - it really is a ripple effect. For example, I did an activity that showed how different jobs were effected by other jobs, how people being laid off in steal affects people who sell cars, and how people losing jobs affect restuarants and clothes, etc. It totally makes sense. When i was doing this I thought of my cousin, she works at a restraunt, and was talking about how less peole were coming in, and how people at the restraunt were losing jobs. Same thing as in the lesson. But seriously don't take this as a recession scare. There's really no way we could have another depression as bad. I really wish there wasn't so much doom and gloom in the media about it.

1 comment:

Mr. E said...

I really liked your presentation on the Great Depression. I actually learned a couple new facts that I didn't know of before. The content you covered was accurate and thorough. My only suggestion is that you should slow down while presenting. I don't know if you were just nervous about presenting or had to hurry through the slides to cover all of the material, but you zipped through all of the slides making it almost impossible to take notes. Other than that, you did an excellent job.