Tuesday, November 11, 2008

macro

In my Economics for Teachers class we've been going over macroeconomics.Doing the overview in class makes me realize how much i don't remeber from when I took a specific macro class.I understand the concepts of GDP and why stability is important. I remebered how GDP was calculated and the different types of unemployment. But there was one thing, specifically, that was over my head.The Professor showed us a calculation to figure out the equivelency of gas prices in the1950's and today; and showed how if gas prices are about $2.40 that that's equivelent to the 1950's price of $0.27. I saw the calculation I saw how it was done, but how does that make sense??? I don't care if gas prices are equivelent to a price in the 50's it doesn't make me feel any better. The other thing that bothers me, although not totally related in hopw women's work at home doesn't figure into GDP. I get it- you can't put a price on it really... blah, blah, blah. But it should be. Because belive me, I stay at home,...IT'S WORK!

No comments: