Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Book reviews and campaigns

The book review was ... interesting. I don't know about these Marshall Jevons books. I was reading it and thinking that it was just way too far fetched. Who uses economics in practically all their thought processes? Who applies economics to all facets of their lives? In the book I read, A Deadly Indifference, he said how he used the concept of utility to date his wife. And to that I said: Who would date this guy? This is ridiculous? I hope there's no real person who would actually do that.Kind of corny, kind of cliche, and it took two people to write it. Oh well.

Campains. Campaign proposals. Taxes. Campains and proposals are seriously interesting stuff. From my point of view candidates promise way too much, things that are unattainable, things they might not be able to do in actuality, things they might want to do but once in office it either isn't a priority or just doesn't happen. So, I guess what I'm saying is that I don't take too much of it seriously. Taxes, are so much more interesting, not really. There complicated, for my mind, I just don't deal with them. But they're there. And you have to pay them, whether you like it or not I don't see it as an option. And this whole marriage penalty/subsidy. I have friends who claim they don't want to get married because they'll be penalized in taxes. Seriously, suck it up. If that's how it works, that's how it works. It just doesn't seem fair to have people who are pretty much married, living together and such, be treated differently in taxes. There should be a tax law for that. If I were queen (president)...you get the drift.

No comments: