Monday, October 20, 2008

ugh...JA and stuff

So this Junior Achievement project...great idea in concept, but unfortunately it's not working out. Andrew and I went to our classroom last week and were informed when we went to the office to check in that our teacher no longer taught there! Seriously! We taught there before,we arranged it with her the week prior, and no one told us...ugh. So I don't know what's going on. It's unfortunate, because I actually enjoyed doing it.
My other 'ugh' is in regards to class. I really like all the ideas for teaching a class. But I don't like that I have no economics knowledge to back it up. In my other courses for teachers, i.e. history for teachers, we learned the subject and then the teaching aspect was a sidenote. In assignments we had to think about ihow we could teach it (like in book reports) and did lesson plans and presentations. I honestly prefer that format better. I don't know about other people in my Economics for Teachers class, but I really don't remeber what I learned in micro and macero econ. So how am I supposed to potentially teach it, either as an econ class or as part of a history course, if I don't know it?

1 comment:

Blog de Bunmi said...

Hi Ali,

I know it's been frustrating! Welcome to public education!! :) I'm working on getting you and Andrew to continue teaching in your original class. If anyone can help you out it would be the teacher I know at Roosevelt. If that doesn't work she has the same period available for you.

Bunmi @ JA