Tuesday, October 7, 2008

first lesson plan and presentation

Ugh, the lesson plan. I've only done one before, and it was for a 2 week period and not that detailed, so needless to say I felt a little lost. I was originally going to do a lecture on scarcity and choices, but figured that might be a little blah. So halfway through I changed to property and resources ( for 12th grade econ)and decided to do an activity. I've said before that I haven't had the greatest experiences with active learning excercises so I figured I should give it a whirl. The whole thing was way out of my comfort zone. I'm not an economist. I haven't made lesson plans before. I'd rather listen to a lecture. But once again, it's an experiment. And seeing what other people did I would definately do things much differently next time. For me direction and structure goes a long way.

1 comment:

Mr. E said...

Don't get down on yourself, I thought your lesson plan was great. Your presentation was also great. To make the assignment easier on you next time, try picking something that you have a passion for. Try thinking of your favorite activity, hobby, or game, then put an economics spin on it. Don't stress out so much over picking a topic. Get a good night's rest while thinking about it, by the morning, you'll come up with something. See it before you do it; when you see it, then do it.